aTV Flash from Fire Core is a US$49.95 piece of software which when loaded onto a (compatible) USB flash drive key adds lots of features to your AppleTV such as
- More video formats (including DivX, Xvid, AVI, WMV, RMVB, DVD and some MKV)
- Enables internet apps like Safari, FTP, SFTP, SSH, SMB and streaming from NAS devices
- Enables external USB hard drives
- Enables USB keyboard support
- Allows installation of other Mac OS X applications (like EyeTV for example)
After typing various secure passwords into an iPod Touch (each change between numbers and letters requiring a switch of the virtual keyboard), I’d become convinced that people are likely to dumb down passwords they have to type into their iPhone. Want to buy an App? Password.
The phenomenon was noted over at 43 folders as well they also point out that the AppleTV conveniently highlights the characters on screen as you type them into iPhone Remote. Whilst this probably isn’t a problem in your living room it’s likely to pose a problem at trade show setups I’d guess.
Or perhaps use the accelerometers to unlock the iPhone keychain when you do the right interpretive dance?
Now if only they’d automatically reconnect to the VPN…