Of course, now that Apple’s deprecating Java, that’s probably going to annoy the folks
Bnet Australia reports that at the $9.99 price point Grand Theft Auto Chinatown Wars is rocketing up the App Store charts, unlike the $30 or $40 versions for the Nintendo DS or the Sony PSP version. Quel Surprise!
- New 15″ MacBook Pro has built in battery lasts up to 7 hours, 1000 charges, approx. 5 years. 60% better colour gamut, 3.06 Dual Core CPU, 8Gb RAM max, 500Gbx7200RPM drive, or 256Gb SSD. Starts at US$1699 through US$2229
- SD card slots added to models except 17″
- 13″ Macbook is now a MacBook Pro
- MacBook Air updated to up to 2.13GHz CPU
Snow Leopard 10.6:
- Mail, iCal and Address book now support Exchange, with auto-discovery of Exchange Servers
- QuickLook can preview Microsoft Office documents in Mail without MS Office being installed
- Preview 2x faster, better PDF text selection
- ExposÃ© integration with Dock (“Dock ExposÃ©”) for displaying an App’s windows
- Chinese character input on trackpad
- Mail up to 2.3x faster
- Final version of Safari 4 released for Leopard, Tiger and Windows
- Safari now sandboxes plugins to prevent them crashing the browser (IMHO this means you, Google 🙂
- Stacks now have scrolling
- Page through, magnify PDF thumbnails and movies
- QuickTime X focuses on the content, overlays controls, lets you select from a visual timeline more easily and share it on YouTube, MobileMe or iTunes.
- All Snow Leopard applications are 64-bit
- Grand Central Dispatch supports multicore across all of Snow Leopard
- Open CL (Computing Language) has been open sourced and allows for hardware abstraction of the video hardware for use in processing or display
- Upgrade cost US$29 or US$49 for upgrading the Leopard family pack
There were some 16593 viewers watching the ustream live stream.
Surprisingly, they approved it in the first place?
Recent events have reminded me of the game Barrack from Ambrosia.
If I recall correctly it’s kind of like Quix in that you have to block (barrack) off chunks of the playing field without getting hit while you’re doing it. But then it has been a while since I last played it.
Cool story of how the pretty awesome flight simulator X-Plane got ported to the iPhone in 10 days.
If you want to get in on the game with Spore Creature Creator, you can download it here. Ars Technica has some more information on getting it running on machines with not quite the right graphics card here.
Incorporating some iPhone categories this year (because hey, they’re cooler than those boring old Macs), we have
- Best iPhone Web Application – Remember The Milk for iPhone and iPod touch 1.0 You’ll never forget the milk again! (runner up was AP Mobile News Network 1.0)
- Best Mac OS X Leopard Application – ScreenFlow 1.1.1 from Vara Software Limited for capturing and producing screencasts. (Runner up was the cool Bee Docs Timeline 3D Edition 2.1 for producing 3D timelines, strangely enough)
- Best New Mac OS X Leopard Game – Guitar Hero: III Legends of Rock 1.1 (Runner up Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars 1.09)
- Best Mac OS X Leopard User Experience Macnification from Orbicule BVBA (Runner up, Checkout 2.1 point of sale system from Werck BV)
- Best Mac OS X Leopard Graphics and Media Application – Screenflow 1.1.1 (Runner Up FotoMagico 2.2 from Boinx Software Ltd.
- Best Mac OS X Leopard Student Product – Squirrel (alpha), a financial management application from Axel PÃ©ju (runner up Flow 1.0.1, an FTP client with editor and QuickLook from Brian Amerige)
For the more programmatically inclined there’s