So, here’s the story:
- Server stops booting off its normal boot disk 🙁
- Attempts to get the drive to boot again fail (including system restores etc.)
- Create a new boot disk and boot off that, but it’s of course missing most of the data files. E-mail is now working though (for me at least), and that’s mission critical.
- Try many and varied different booting options (fix privileges, delete prefs files, check the logs, etc). Unable to boot off anything except the new boot drive.
- Some time passes.
- Apple release the 10.4.3 update yesterday. I apply it to the drive that no longer boots. Try booting, and bingo!
- Transfer all the mail across from the old drive.
- Rejoice a little