If you can work in Australia then Novamind have a job going in Queensland. From their site:
Want to work with the latest tools and a 30 inch screen?
Want to work for a company where innovation and software development is taken
Want flexible working hours and no silly dress code?
Want a career where what you achieve really matters?
Are you a clever problem solver with an enthusiastic and positive attitude?
Are you a self starter and still able to work in a team?
Can you get things done?
NovaMind is based in sunny Queensland, located in Shailer Park midway between
Brisbane and the Gold Coast. We are currently expanding our product
development group to develop the worlds most advanced Mind Mapping software
for Apple and Microsoft systems.
We are looking for a software engineer who has a passion for creating innovative
high quality software using the latest tools and technologies. You must be a self
starter who loves solving problems in a logical self-disciplined manner. We are
looking for someone who will fit well with our development team and remain
courteous and friendly with both staff and customers at all times.
If this doesn’t describe who you are, your values and nature, please don’t apply for
We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Strong Objective-C skills
- Strong AppKit development experience
- Experience in meeting tight deadlines in a small development team
- Experience with developing high quality software using object oriented methodologies
- Experience interacting with customers on resolving defect reports
Other highly desirable skills:
- CoreData skills
- Applescript / automator development experience
- Experience with developing frameworks
- XML and XSLT programming skills
- Experience with loadable bundles and plugin architectures
- Rendezvous/bonjour development experience
- Experience with distributed objects
- Experience with internationalization
- Knowledge and understanding of Mind Mapping
- Knowledge and understanding of screenplay script writing
- Experience using MacOS X 10.5 Leopard
Other desirable skills:
- Experience with subversion
- C# programming skills
The tasks required for the position will vary over time, but include:
- Designing and building new releases of the Mac version of NovaMind.
- Assistance with setting product direction and feature sets for the Mac and Windows versions of NovaMind.
- Documentation of the software at code/program level
- Testing of the software
- Preparing releases of the software, including installation mechanisms
- Assisting as required with technical support
- Fixing defects in the software
- Working with beta testers to resolve any pre-release bugs
- Improving systems
- Setting and meeting key performance indicators
Application E-mail address is available on their site, but please tell them you heard about it here.