Apple have announced a repair extension program for the following MacBook Pro models to fix video issues:
- MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2012)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch Early 2011)
- MacBook Pro (17-inch Late 2011)
- MacBook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, Early 2013)
The program starts in Australia and most of the world on 27th of February, but is being tested on Americans and and Canadians from the 20th.
Issues addressed include
- Distorted or scrambled video on the computer screen
- No video on the computer screen (or external display) even though the computer is on
- Computer restarts unexpectedly
You can enter your Mac’s serial number here to check your model, purchase date and warranty coverage.